Friday, July 26, 2013

Re-Purposed Furniture by VanEch Studio

Original table in beat-up condition
Never judge a piece of furniture at first glance! I found this table at a second hand store and it was in bad condition on the top - lots of water damage and scratches.  But I loved the classic design so I decided to re-purpose it. I created two narrow wall tables from this one old piece.

For those who want to attempt this DIY project, the steps below are what I did. For those who would rather have me do the dirty work, please call me 703-598-1036 and I will help you find and create a treasure from trash!








Remove the center extension and gate legs and separate the ends
  • Determine desired depth of table and mark lines with a straight edge on either end of table
With a Saws All, saw through table using a straight edge to keep a clean, straight line

  • Fill  gouges with wood fill and sand out scratches
I applied two coats of Annie Sloan Old Ochre Chalk Paint

  • Gently distress paint finish
  • Apply and buff one coat of clear wax
Anchored to wall with "L" brackets

No comments: