Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Art of Re-Purposing

When I was growing up, it wasn't at all unusual for me to snatch up from the ground a brightly colored glass shard, an old bead or rusted bolt.   These were abandoned objects and in them I saw all sorts of re-purposed possibilities. Today, when time permits, I seek out the studio space in my basement and pour over my plastic bins and the layering of found objects begins as one item leads to the placement of the other.


 An old plinth block was the canvas for "A Wish and a Prayer"
The heart is an old tart tin mounted to a 19th century photo case

This was a vintage biscuit tin can embellished with this wonderful
 old prairie photograph, drawer pull and celluloid farm toy from the 30s.

 The bezel for this necklace is an old faucet valve

 An artist brought these to me in my store, she created these cuff
bracelets from old license plates, just fabulous!

 Vintage clip earrings repurposed into a bracelet. 
Popular sellers in my shop.


 An old Victorian change purse


 Tin types, haunting and beautiful


"A Lock on My Heart"

"Eat Cake"


All images the property of VanEch Studio.




No comments: